We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us a intern to help us to maintain and develop our online community platform, which is focused on helping professionals build and maintain their Portfolio Careers.
Who are we?
The Portfolio Collective (TPC) was set up by Ben Legg (former COO of Google Europe) in July of 2020 with our COO Fiona Chorlton-Voong and CTO Jesus Iniesta. We could see that the future of work has been and is being accelerated by the pandemic and decided to shape it for the better. You can learn more in our recent Future of Careers article.
Since we started: we have organised events, with over 1,000 participants; built a website, with over 20,000 unique visitors; built a professional network platform, with over 500 members; and produced the biggest library of content for portfolio professionals in the world. We have a team of 10 people (and growing) who are passionate about helping portfolio professionals to succeed.
Get to know what we offer by joining and exploring our community.
What we are building and how you can help
TPC is a London-based fast-growing start-up focused on building the world’s largest community of portfolio professionals, helping them to learn, collaborate and win work. Working closely with our experienced CTO Jesus Iniesta, you will:
- Deliver new functionalities to the platform and improve existing ones.
- Find and integrate third party solutions as needed.
- Collaborate with a team of talented designers, content writers and marketers to maximise the value we provide to our members across multiple verticals.
- Learn about technology, startups and the future of work.
- Meet a bunch of cool people as you engage with the members of our community.
Some of the technologies we use are: ACF, bbPress, BuddyPress, Elementor, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, LearnDash, Laravel Blade, MemberPress, Sage, Youzer, Yoast and WordPress.
More about you
You are undertaking your BEng or MEng (ideally computing), and you have:
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset.
- Experience* in relational databases.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed.
- Ability to communicate in English fluently.
You might also have:
- Experience* using WordPress.
- Contributed to the development of WordPress plugins.
- Contributed to open source projects.
- Ability and interest to investigate and integrate third party solutions as needed.
- Interest in learning about Google Cloud Platform ecosystem.
* Experience refers primarily to extracurricular activities, not necessarily in a professional context.
What can we offer you?
We’ll be upfront and say that budgets are tight and we can’t offer you much in the way of monetary reward (at this stage). We can, however, offer you free lifetime access to the community we are building, and the opportunity to work alongside a top notch team with decades of experience in startups and unicorn building.
Between us we have built millions of dollars in value at the startups we have been involved with to date, and this is an unprecedented opportunity to get an inside look at building the next big thing from the ground up.
This is a three month unpaid internship, however this role has the potential to turn into a paid full time position in the company.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your covering note and link to your LinkedIn profile. From there the process will include a screening survey, followed by case studies and interviews for those selected.