We are looking for a Talent Analyst to provide support to our Head of Talent, Tristan Dugmore with the ever growing demand for The Portfolio Collective ‘Talent Matching’ offering.
The Portfolio Collective is a rapidly growing start-up helping professionals launch and sustain successful portfolio careers. We do this by offering insights, learning, support, collaboration and work opportunities to ‘Portfolio Professionals’ globally.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to take on significant responsibility in a fast-paced start-up environment, backed by the knowledge and support of a highly experienced leadership team.
Who are we?
The Portfolio Collective (TPC) was set up by Ben Legg (former COO of Google Europe) in July of 2020 with our COO Fiona Chorlton-Voong and CTO Jesus Iniesta. We could see that in the near future half of all professionals globally will be portfolio professionals, and that they will need support in launching and sustaining successful portfolio careers. You can learn more in our recent Future of Careers article.
We are now a team of 12 (and growing!) who are passionate about shaping the future of work. In our first year we have scaled rapidly, with key achievements including:
- Attracted over 100,000 unique visitors to our website
- Conducted 100+ events attended by over 1,000 participants
- Built a networking database with over 5,000 high-calibre professionals
- Client Project Management. Ensure all client related talent matching processes are coordinated and managed within our agreed timeframes. Work will include:
- Job Requirements. Drafting clear job descriptions of the required candidates, and turning those into requirement matrices.
- Headhunting: Utilise TPC & LinkedIN tools and best practices to supply high level (Director and above) candidate shortlists to our clients.
- Client Relationship Management: Join client calls with startup founders, to understand their needs and manage the process.
- Growth. Deliver world class service to clients that generates repeat business and word-of-mouth referrals, then support this growth through supporting the scaling of the team to deliver – to include hiring, process improvements, introducing specialisations and more. We expect this team to be around 20 people by end 2022.
- Continuous Improvement. Assist the CTO and Head of Talent with continuously improving and automating our talent matching process until one day the platform offers ‘straight to shortlist’
- Market Analysis. Analyse current hiring trends, salaries and clients, producing reports for the head of talent.
- Insights. Generate interesting new insights on the talent market to support content creation and thought leadership, setting TPC out as the go-to standard for startup & scaleup talent.
- Prioritisation. Successfully juggle competing priorities to deliver world class candidate shortlists to multiple clients, whilst supporting other talent matching activities.
- Time Management. Continuously improve your own productivity through exceptional time management skills, plus adoption of new tools and techniques to get the most out of your working day.
We are looking for someone with:
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in a fast-paced working environment
- 2:1 degree or higher from a top-tier university
- A passion for helping professionals launch and sustain successful portfolio careers, plus to support startups and scaleups taking over the world
The ideal candidate will also have the following personality traits:
- Ambitious – laser focus on outperforming targets
- Fast mover – capable of setting and driving ambitious agendas forward
- Multi-tasker – able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Analytical and numerate – able to derive insights from data
- Highly productive – obsessed with improving how things are run
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholders
What can we offer you?
The role will be full-time, with flexible working hours and remote working. Compensation will include a salary of £25k-£30k per annum, plus stock options depending on experience.
Alongside your salary and a role with the room to evolve, we offer free lifetime access to the community we are building, and the opportunity to work alongside a world class team with decades of experience in startups and unicorn building.
Between us we have built billions of dollars in value at the startups we have been involved with to date, and this is an unprecedented opportunity to get an inside look at building the next big thing from the ground up.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your covering note and link to your LinkedIn profile. From there the process will include a screening survey, followed by case studies and interviews for those selected.