Website queries – I am improving/updating my architecture company’s website with an eye on business development and need a bit of advice before I dive in.
Background – The main aim of my website is to impress potential clients who have heard about me and want to find out more about my work. The (close) second goal is to increase business through traffic/google search/SEO/Ads. Most of my clients (65%+) will be homeowners looking for an architect to manage their project. The rest will be B2B in the office and retail sectors.
The existing website is currently on WordPress but currently I am more used to Squarespace having made a new website with Sqsp last year.
Website sections will be HOME/ABOUT/PROJECTS(with sub-sections)/SERVICES/CONTACT. Probably a single scrolling page but I am not set on this.
1. Should I transfer from WP to Sqsp or stay with WP based on my needs?
2. Which is better for SEO given my field and who most of my clients will be?
3. Do I need a custom website or will a template/theme work fine?
4. Is it easy to set up an email account through WP (or Sqsp)?
5. Can WP and Sqsp both handle live add-ons such as moving graphics?
6. I understand Elemental is a good WP plugin for editing WP. Is there anything else worth considering for self-editing at a later date?
Many thanks in advance!
I am a...
Hands-on amateur builder
Home Office Designer
20 years experience across the residential, retail and office construction sectors has given me a wealth of project experience in both type and scale. Now I am focussing on helping people adapt their home offices for a happy and productive experience in these challenging times. I love the sea and the hills but I am equally curious about what is affecting changing lifestyles, both urban and rural.