Chief of Staff at CloudNC
CloudNC is a Series B-stage autonomous manufacturing scale-up looking for a Chief of Staff to provide the CEO with leverage and help the company deliver on its ambitious plans for growth.
More than £100B worth of components are produced using CNC Machines every year, but today the process is slow, costly and heavily reliant on human input. We are developing technology that fully automates CNC manufacturing, hugely reducing the cost of parts while boosting quality and speed of delivery.
We’ve assembled a team of 80 and raised £26.5M to date from world-leading investors (including Atomico), the US and UK governments, and industry titan angel investors.
By developing autonomous, flexible factories with this technology at their core, CloudNC is working to make single-click manufacturing a reality.
A short video introducing CloudNC and our mission is available here.
Key role responsibilities
- Providing the CEO with leverage
- Helping define and prioritise strategic initiatives and overseeing their implementation
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis on behalf of the CEO
- Keeping the CEO on top of performance data, success metrics and market insights
- Coordinating the preparation of board meeting materials
- Company routines and processes
- Defining the cadence of leadership and broader company meetings
- Ensuring the right objectives, attendees, agenda and follow-ups for each meeting
- Tracking adherence to OKRs
- Coordinating internal communications across the company
- Collaboration and prioritisation
- Collaborating with, and bringing together, colleagues across the company to unblock complex challenges
- Planning and leading collaborative events (e.g. offsites, quarterly prioritisation exercises etc.)
- Proactively identifying, monitoring and mitigating potential risks
- Standing in to lead teams when there is a leadership vacancy
- Assisting HR with recruiting key candidates aligned with the company’s mission and vision
- Championing the company’s culture and values
- 6+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar
- Experience at a rapidly growing start-up or scale-up
- 2:1 degree or higher in a STEM subject from a top-tier university
- Manufacturing/mechanical engineering degree
- Manufacturing experience
- Previous Chief of Staff experience
Likely personality traits
- Ambitious – laser focus on outperforming targets
- Fast mover – capable of setting and driving ambitious agendas forward
- Multi-tasker – able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Analytical and numerate – able to derive deep insights from data
- Highly productive – obsessed with improving how things are run
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholders