CloudNC is a Series B-stage autonomous manufacturing scale-up looking for a Chief of Staff to provide the CEO with leverage and help the company deliver on its ambitious plans for growth.
The role is multifaceted, with a focus spanning strategy, ops, presentations and PR.
The Chief of Staff will report to the CEO and will be their trusted partner and advisor to ensure CloudNC is an effectively run high growth business.
About the company
More than £100B worth of components are produced using CNC Machines every year, but today the process is slow, costly and heavily reliant on inefficient human processes. We are developing technology that fully automates CNC manufacturing, hugely reducing the cost of parts while boosting quality and speed of delivery.
We’ve assembled a team of 80 and raised £30M to date from world-leading investors (including Atomico), the US and UK governments, and strategic industry investors.
Combining technology and manufacturing; we are building the world’s most intelligent manufacturing software.
A short video introducing CloudNC and our mission can be found here.
- CEO leverage:
- Help prioritise strategic initiatives and overseeing their implementation
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis on behalf of the CEO
- Write cross-functional presentations, such as strategy, investor updates, all hands
- Prepare for board meetings – agendas, attendees, draft presentations, pre-reading, follow-up
- Monitor emails and social media inboxes to provide the first level of screening and prioritisation. Draft responses on behalf of the CEO
- Own and drive our corporate online presence and reputation
- Company routines and processes:
- Manage the cadence of leadership and broader company meetings
- Ensure the right objectives, attendees, agenda and follow-ups for each meeting
- Coordinate internal communications across the company
- Manage the CEO’s Executive Assistant and Office Manager as part of a small team
- Collaboration and prioritisation:
- Collaborate with, and bringing together, colleagues across the company to unblock complex challenges
- Plan and lead collaborative events (e.g. offsites, quarterly prioritisation exercises etc.)
- Develop strong partnerships with the executive team, especially the CFO
- Special projects:
- Oversee and develop business content for communication and PR
- Lead early stages of new cross-functional initiatives where required – fundraising, partnerships, corporate development, new business lines etc.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar
- Project management experience, including leading cross-functional projects
- Experience at a rapidly growing start-up or scale-up
- Data analysis experience for the purposes of financial forecasting and decision making
- Previous Chief of Staff experience
Who you are
- Ambitious – laser focus on outperforming targets
- Problem solver – ideally from experience in another startup
- Fast mover – capable of setting and driving ambitious agendas forward
- Multi-tasker – able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Analytical and numerate – able to derive deep insights from data
- Resilient – ability to handle complex situations and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Highly productive – obsessed with improving how things are run
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholders