Optimi is a virtual first, interactive sport and exercise medicine platform, accessible via an app. The app makes it easy to reach sports medicine professionals and self management programmes for common muscle and joint conditions and exercise injuries. Our professionals are experts operating in international sport and our platform augments their expert care with advanced technologies and behavioural science to enable highly personalised and engaging treatment experiences.
About the company
We were founded with the belief that the advanced levels of care and the latest clinical research available to professional athletes should be accessible to us all, regardless of our athletic ability. Optimi exists to make this possible.
We are a member of Zinc VC’s 2020 portfolio and London Sport’s Sport-tech Innovation 2021 portfolio. Our focus for the next 6 months will be the completion of a number of pilots with the support of England Athletics, Harlequins Rugby Club Foundation, Bath University and the Centre for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis Research. We will use these pilots to iterate our product with users before market entry.
We have a close knit core team and advisory board, including the Chief Medical Officer of the Australian Rugby Team, the former COO of Google Europe, the founder of Microsoft’s Advanced Imaging Centre, and a former McKinsey’s Health Partner. We are all passionate about health, fitness and innovation and you’ll need to share this passion and be excited by the start up journey ahead.
This opportunity will suit a product manager who is looking to join a health-tech start up during its early stages and has a passion for user centric design. As an early member of the team, you will receive significant equity and will have the opportunity to shape the development of the business, especially the product vision. You’ll largely control your own working day and will have the freedom to build the product team as we scale. You’ll be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, from conception to release and will need to have excellent team and project management skills to operate across multiple business teams as we grow.
- Work with our team, customers and partners to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Gain a deep understanding of our customer needs and design new and engaging solutions to create a beautifully simple and engaging customer experience, whilst supporting market entry and growth
- Lead on all customer research to design, test, launch and iterate our product
- Develop product pricing and market positioning strategies
- Help hire and lead our engineering and product teams – these will likely be outsourced initially whilst we raise the capital to bring the team in house
- Help shape the development of the customer value proposition through key insights into our customer needs and wants and through a deep understanding of the solution our product provides
- Help shape marketing plans to ensure that they are consistent with the product strategy and that the message is effectively and compellingly conveyed
- Help identify strategic partners where mutual benefit can be achieved through collaboration
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding, particularly with partner organisations
- Become and stay current with competitor activity and market trends and use this knowledge to help shape our product roadmap
Who you are
- Positive approach – we want to build an upbeat and supportive team excited by the mission
- Strong work ethic and problem solving mindset – we’re looking for people who enjoy challenges and can work through them in calm and creative ways
- Comfortable in a fast moving environment – we’re in a fast moving space and need to build quickly to capture opportunities and maintain our momentum
- Trustworthy, highly reliable and honest – we believe these are essential for all close relationships
- Team player – we want you to enjoy and contribute to the culture in a close knit team
- Our brand values are trust, excellence and innovation – we’re looking for these to resonate with you and help to guide your activity within the company
- Proven ability to develop and execute a digital product strategy. Bonus points if you have experience in the health and fitness industries
- Proven experience managing a digital consumer product throughout the entire lifecycle from conception to launch, ideally in a startup
- Must be comfortable rolling your sleeves up and getting involved with day to day execution
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Degree in product design or engineering is preferable
- Equity – depending on experience and commitment. We can be flexible on whether the commitment is initially full time or part time – and we expect it to be part time, prior to a salary being paid
- Please note at present this is an equity only role with salary commencing following our seed round