We are looking for a Fullstack Junior/Mid Software Developer to join us to help maintain and develop our online community platform, which is focused on helping professionals build and maintain their portfolio careers.
Who are we?
The Portfolio Collective (TPC) was set up by Ben Legg (former COO of Google Europe) in July of 2020 with our COO Fiona Chorlton-Voong and CTO Jesus Iniesta. We could see that in the near future half of all professionals globally will be portfolio professionals, and that they will need support in launching and sustaining successful portfolio careers. You can learn more in our recent Future of Careers article.
We are now a team of 12 (and growing!) who are passionate about shaping the future of work. In our first two years we have scaled rapidly, with key achievements including:
- Attracted over 200,000 unique visitors to our website
- Conducted 300+ events
- Built a professional networking platform with over 7,200 high-calibre members
What we are building and how you can help
TPC is a London-based (remote working) fast-growing start-up focused on building the world’s largest community of portfolio professionals, helping them to learn, collaborate and win work. Working closely with our experienced Tech Team Leader Krzysztof Janiszewski, you will:
- Deliver new functionalities to the platform and improve existing ones
- Help us to pivot to modern technologies (e.g. Symfony, ElasticSearch)
- Find and integrate third party solutions as needed
- Collaborate with a team of talented designers, content writers and marketers to maximise the value we provide to our members and clients across multiple verticals
- Learn about technology, startups and the future of work
- Develop a great professional network as you engage with members of our community
Some of the technologies we use are: ACF, bbPress, BuddyPress, Elementor, AWS, Kubernetes, LearnDash, Laravel Blade, MemberPress, Sage, Youzer, Yoast and WordPress.
The first phase of our startup project required the implementation of quick IT solutions, among which we chose WordPress as the basis for our platform.
The second phase of the project, which has a much longer time horizon, will consist in building a more scalable and modern technological platform. It is for the second phase that we need a larger team that, step by step, using modern tools (e.g. Symfony, ElasticSearch, Redis, React) will reimplement the existing parts of the system and create completely new elements.
More about you
You have completed an computer science degree and have:
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset
- Experience* in relational databases
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
- Ability to communicate in English fluently
You might also have:
- Experience* using WordPress
- Experience in React.js
- Contributed to the development of WordPress plugins
- Contributed to open source projects
- Ability and interest to investigate and integrate third party solutions as needed
- Interest in learning about AWS ecosystem
* Experience can also refer to extracurricular activities, not necessarily in a professional context.
What can we offer you?
The role will be full-time, with flexible working hours and remote working. Compensation will include a salary of £24k-£28k (gross) per annum depending on experience, as well as stock options.
Alongside your salary and a role with the room to evolve, we offer free lifetime access to the community we are building and the opportunity to work alongside a world class team with decades of experience in startups and unicorn building.
Between us we have built millions of dollars in value at the startups we have been involved with to date, and this is an unprecedented opportunity to get an inside look at building the next big thing from the ground up.