Grantify is a rapidly-growing startup based in the UK. They help companies win government grants and other funding opportunities. Grantify are expanding to the USA and are seeking an entrepreneurial UK-based Account Manager to be part of their new USA sales team.
Note that you may at times be encouraged to work East Coast (ET) hours, 2pm – 10pm UK time. However, Grantify is a flexible employer and is open to candidates for whom this schedule does not suit.
You will report directly into the BizDev Lead in the UK. This is not an outbound sales role. Instead you will be a B2B closer, with a non-salesy approach. You must already have or be interested in developing a working knowledge of the innovative technology practices championed by Grantify’s clients.
Think of yourself as a Dragon on the popular BBC TV series – you will be screening opportunities and making quick decisions as to who to take forwards.
Since revolutionising the UK and EU grant funding landscape using tech, securing over £50m in funds for their clients over a 12 month period and being featured in the Guardian and Telegraph newspapers, Grantify is now a fully-fledged incubator for helping businesses and creative ideas find funding, scale and bring their ambitions to life.
Grantify have a full time Sales team of 10 people, with close to 40 employees in total.
They are currently expanding to the USA and this is a prime opportunity for an ambitious individual to prove themselves as a foundational member of this new team.
- Closing warm leads. You will have a history of success in closing B2B clients and strong phone communication skills without being too salesy.
- Commission / results focused approach. This role has a strong skew towards commission. It offers a healthy base salary with realistic and proven OTE £85,000 p.a. and uncapped commission!
- 2-5+ years experience in a B2B biz dev / Account management role
- An ability to self manage, with experience working a mix of office-based and remotely
- Willingness to work East Coast (ET) hours, 2pm – 10pm UK
- Entrepreneurial – experience building or running your own business
- A degree of technical knowledge, ideally with experience in SaaS, technical account management, IT solutions for Enterprise – or similar
Likely Personality Traits
- Highly ambitious – thrives in a commission-focused culture
- Flexible – willing to work as part of a small team in non-traditional hours (2pm – 10pm UK) with the ability to side hustle in the mornings
- Entrepreneurial – intellectually curious with a real interest in innovative, tech-led businesses
- Technically savvy – able to ‘speak’ tech and converse with founders on their level in order to vet potential clients
- Customer-centric – capable of selling in a consultative and non-salesy way
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholder
- Pragmatic – capable of prioritising and getting results in all circumstances
- Resilient – remain calm and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Doer – not afraid to get stuck in to support the team when required
- Collaborative – able to work alongside their peers on all people matters
Simple Next Steps
If selected, an initial screening call with a TPC representative.
If selected, a video interview with David, Grantify’s BizDev Lead in the UK.
Start your new Account Manager role with the Grantify team.
The team is small and nimble and moves very fast
Meet the Team
Head of Accounts
Grantify is an exciting and ambitious company helmed by 2 brothers with 1 big idea: why can't grant funding be easier to apply for? Now in my second year with the company, we helped win over £40M in grants during that time!