Grantify is a rapidly-growing UK startup now launching in the US. They help companies win government grants and other funding opportunities. Grantify are seeking an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager to be part of their new US sales team.
You will report directly into the Business Development lead in London. This is not an outbound sales role. Instead you will be a B2B ‘closer’, with a non-salesy approach. You must already have or be interested in developing a working knowledge of the innovative technology being developed by Grantify’s startup clients.
Think of yourself as a Shark on the popular TV series – you will be screening opportunities and making quick decisions as to who to take forwards, and how to help them succeed.
Since revolutionising the UK and EU grant funding landscape using tech, securing over $60m in funds for their clients over a 12 month period and being featured in the Guardian and Telegraph newspapers, Grantify is now a fully-fledged incubator for helping businesses and creative ideas find funding, scale and bring their ambitions to life.
Grantify has a full time business development team of 10 people, with close to 40 employees in total.
They are currently expanding to the USA and this is a prime opportunity for an ambitious individual to prove themselves as a foundational member of this new team.
- Closing warm leads. You will have a history of success in closing and working with B2B clients, incluing strong remote (phone/ video) communication skills – without being too salesy.
- Commission / results focused approach. This role has a strong skew towards commission. It offers a healthy base salary of upwards of $60,000 + health insurance, with realistic and proven OTE $155,000 p.a. including uncapped commission
- 2-5+ years experience in a B2B business development / account management role
- An ability to self manage, with experience working a mix of office-based and remotely
- Ability to work remotely with most of the team in the UK
- Entrepreneurial – experience building or running your own business
- A degree of technical knowledge, ideally with experience in SaaS, technical account management, IT solutions for Enterprise – or similar
Likely Personality Traits
- Highly ambitious – thrives in a commission-focused culture
- Flexible – willing to work as part of a small team
- Entrepreneurial – intellectually curious with a real interest in innovative, tech-led businesses
- Technically savvy – able to ‘speak’ tech and converse with founders on their level in order to vet potential clients
- Customer-centric – capable of selling in a consultative and non-salesy way
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholder
- Pragmatic – capable of prioritising and getting results in all circumstances
- Resilient – remain calm and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Doer – not afraid to get stuck in to support the team when required
- Collaborative – able to work alongside their peers on all people matters
Simple Next Steps
If selected, an initial screening call with a TPC representative.
If selected, a video interview with David, Grantify’s Business Development lead.
Start working in your new role with the Grantify team.
The team is small and nimble and moves very fast.
Meet the Team
Head of Accounts
Grantify is an exciting and ambitious company helmed by two brothers with one big idea: why can't grant funding be easier to apply for? We have helped win over £40M in grants for our clients during that time!