Discover and book the best space for your team offsite, meeting, workshop, party, wedding or photo shoot. We are becoming #1 destination for discovering and booking space globally, and growing. We have achieved tremendous growth after the world re-started meeting up in person, and as such, we are currently looking for an experienced fractional Finance leader to bring structure to our financial strategy & operations. You will “plug our knowledge gaps” for all things related to Finance: work with the CEO on budgeting and planning, training and leading the team as needed, and preparing the board pack with financials and commentary around our finances.
About the company
Our mission is to build a community of the best venues worldwide. We make booking spaces that stage inspiring events quicker, easier, and more affordable. So far we’ve achieved curating the largest selection of venues across the UK (25k churches, pubs, museums, restaurants, galleries, hotels, schools and more). We make it easy to find and book amazing spaces for every type of event, that way you can use your time creating the perfect event instead. At the same time, we give independent venues visibility and offer them a platform to market themselves.
- Ensure rigorous cashflow management
- Check our monthly accounts and cashflows
- Check our processes for converting revenue to cash
- Mentor our Customer Ops lead & Junior Finance Manager
- Set up any required reporting, processes and tracking to help the team and monitor the performance.
- Build and own the core financial model of the business
- Review the budget and management accounts with CEO
- Focus on profitable growth – keep us on track while finding ways to grow efficiently
- Constantly look for opportunities to save costs and improve efficiency
- Keep an eye on revenue growth / key metrics to improve the financial health of the business
- Prep the board back financials and commentary around the finances (our board meeting is held every 2 months)
- Attend board meetings to discuss financial aspects of the business
- Quarterly or half-yearly modelling, forecasting and scenario planning for growth and profitability as required
- Anything else not currently in the roadmap!
- 10+ years experience with 4+ years experience leading a finance team in a fast growth business.
- Demonstrable track record of building financial systems from scratch and turning data into actionable insights.
- Hands-on data analytics, financial forecasting and valuation experience.
- High EQ and IQ.
- Experience as a fractional consultant / portfolio professional.
- Qualified accountant
Timing & Logistics
The role will be a fractional ~1-2 day/month commitment. Compensation will include a fair market rate, depending on experience, along with an opportunity to earn equity compensation over time. This is mostly a remote role, but occasional trips to London might be required.
Please apply using the form below. We will be in touch if we need more information, potentially with some job-specific application questions.
Other fractional Finance opportunities
We are seeing increasing demand for fractional CFO / Finance Director opportunities. To learn more and to be kept updated, do check out our general Fractional Finance Director posting. We will keep you posted for further relevant opportunities.