kleene.ai is accelerating the journey for businesses to be data driven. We believe that modern businesses can grow faster, be more efficient and empower their employees by making data easily available and useful. Working with data is slow, complicated and expensive and kleene.ai is on a mission to change that. We have seen rapid growth in 2021, and with a recent fundraise of £10m secured – even bigger plans for 2022. This is an opportunity to join an ambitious, high growth scaleup and have a significant impact at an early stage.
We are looking for an experienced VP Engineering. Reporting to the CEO, you will be the technology leader at kleene.ai. You will be responsible for the technical feature delivery for kleene.ai delivering rapid build and improvement of a cutting edge platform. Our product is a platform enabling businesses to get significantly more insights and value from data. We’re aiming to automate a huge part of transforming data – the difficult part of getting value from data. The tech team at kleene.ai today consists of a clojure and clojurescript team building in AWS with small devops and QA teams. Current tech headcount of 15X
Key role responsibilities
- Strategy. Ensure that the tech strategy fully aligns with the overall company strategy, with a particular focus on priorities, key milestones, critical differentiators.
- Operating Model. Think through make-vs-outsource-vs-licence and turn the outcome into a clear operating plan.
- Team. Hire a world class tech team, with the optimal org structure, job descriptions, hiring processes, compensation structures and routines.
- Culture. Build playbooks and a team development capability that ensures world class deployment of product and continuous improvement.
- Leadership. Continually balance your focus between contributing to company overall success, developing the tech strategy, deep diving into critical areas and ensuring that your team is operating as effectively as possible.
- Experience scaling fast moving multi-disciplinary technology teams.
- Experience building a responsive b2b saas application with modern UX
- Knowledge of b2b SaaS architecture patterns and opinionated on routes to rapid implementation of core capabilities
- Knowledge and experience working with modern data ecosystem tools and platforms (esp. airflow, spark)
- Passionate about developing knowledge and able to explore new frameworks / partnerships technically and assess for fit
- Passionate about contributing data driven improvements to our customer community
- Experience working in the Fintech or iPaaS sector
- Established in the most up to date technologies (node/react, python etc)
- A passion for learning modern technologies (languages/frameworks)