CloudNC is a Series B autonomous manufacturing scale-up looking for an innovative, mission-driven Product VP responsible for the product vision and development of our cutting-edge suite of AI powered CNC machines.
In addition to providing the overall product roadmap for the company and acting as a champion for both the customers and the product, the ideal candidate will be collaborating closely with our customer facing and engineering teams, plus building and leading a small product team.
Your role is key to ensuring that everyone is aligned with the customer and company strategy in mind.
About the company
More than £100B worth of components are produced using CNC Machines every year, but today the process is slow, costly and heavily reliant on inefficient human processes. We are developing technology that fully automates CNC manufacturing, hugely reducing the cost of parts while boosting quality and speed of delivery.
We’ve assembled a team of 80 and raised £30M to date from world-leading investors (including Atomico), the US and UK governments, and strategic industry investors.
Combining technology and manufacturing; we are building the world’s most intelligent manufacturing software.
A short video introducing CloudNC and our mission can be found here.
- Product Strategy. Align product strategy and direction with the company’s strategic plan while contributing with innovative insights, ideas, solutions and products. This will include proactively understanding and distilling customer, user, market and business needs, plus competing offerings.
- Market Research. Conduct in-depth market analysis and be the expert on competing offerings including:
- Review quantitative and qualitative data, customers and user interviews to inform product strategy
- Collaborate with marketing on positioning in the market and competitor analysis
- Identify opportunities for new products and enhancements based on CloudNC’s strengths and competition
- Product Leadership. Engage in customer-facing activities such as conferences, trade shows, and customer visits.
- Product Delivery. End-to-end management of the product development and delivery including:
- Define, articulate, and manage product vision and roadmap to align with company strategy
- Design and implement the optimal product development approach – meetings, routines, dashboards, collaboration etc.
- Ensure continuous product delivery and improvement, according to company priorities, adapting plans as necessary
- Optimise pricing and competitive positioning for each product
- Develop and implement budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Organisation & Team. Align organisation, objectives and working practices across engineering, marketing and operations teams including:
- Help leadership team define role of each functional team, plus where the boundaries sit between e.g. product and engineering, or product and marketing
- Propose the optimal product team responsibilities, structure and roles
- Hire, develop and lead product team members
- Ensure optimal routines and activities in place to keep product developing in the right direction for company success.
- 10+ years experience in product management, customer-facing role or product development roles
- 5+ years successful track record in leading ‘deep tech’ product teams
- Hands-on experience with product development lifecycle, roadmap prioritisation and customer-driven innovation
- Track record of insightful customer, market and site research techniques/analysis to inform product strategies and execution
- Demonstrable experience of building and designing products in the B2B sector in the past
- Experience at a rapidly growing start-up or scale-up
- Manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
Who you are
- Customer-centric – capable of translating insights into product requirements
- Strategic thinker – a strong track record of successfully delivering product vision
- Data driven – backing assumptions and decisions with solid data and analysis
- Technically savvy – a comfort with technology, data, process, and problem-solving
- Pragmatic – capable of prioritising and getting results in all circumstances
- Resilient – remain calm and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Doer – not afraid to get stuck in to support your team when required
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative – able to work alongside their peers on all people matters