We are looking for a Head of Operations to provide our COO and Co-Founder, Fiona Chorlton-Voong, with leverage to manage the ever-expanding scope of the strategy and operations of the company.
The Portfolio Collective is a rapidly growing start-up helping professionals launch and sustain successful portfolio careers. We do this by offering insights, learning, support, collaboration and work opportunities to ‘Portfolio Professionals’ globally.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to take on significant responsibility in a fast-paced start-up environment, backed by the knowledge and support of a highly experienced leadership team. You will also have The Portfolio Collective’s Operational Project Coordinator reporting into you.
Who are we?
The Portfolio Collective (TPC) was set up by Ben Legg (former COO of Google Europe) in July of 2020 with our COO Fiona Chorlton-Voong and CTO Jesus Iniesta. We could see that in the near future half of all professionals globally will be portfolio professionals, and that they will need support in launching and sustaining successful portfolio careers. You can learn more in our recent Future of Careers article.
We are now a team of 14 (and growing!) who are passionate about shaping the future of work. In our first year we have scaled rapidly, with key achievements including:
- Attracted over 50,000 unique visitors to our website
- Conducted 200+ events attended by over 3,000 participants
- Built a professional networking platform with over 1,600 high-calibre members
We have raised over £400k to date and will be conducting a crowdfunding campaign later this year. Get to know what we offer by joining and exploring our community.
- Strategy: Working closely with the leadership team and subject matter experts to define and continually iterate our strategic roadmap.
- Prioritisation: Turning ideas for growth into concrete strategic initiatives and leading a quarterly prioritisation exercise to identify high-priority initiatives.
- Implementation: Setting and driving forward initiative timelines and KPIs that are ambitious but achievable.
- Growth: Identifying new opportunities for growth, with substantial autonomy to launch new initiatives and see them through to completion.
- Finance: Conducting future P&L and cost analysis to ensure that the business scales profitably.
- Dashboards & Updates: Developing our dashboards, reports and meeting routines to ensure that the team is kept informed across all areas of the business, for effective decision making and continuous improvement.
- Fundraising: Leading our crowdfunding campaign and future investment rounds.
- Recruitment: Identifying hiring requirements and leading recruitment processes to ensure the highest-calibre hires.
- Human Resources: Handling new team member onboarding and paperwork, as well as existing team member welfare and performance management
- Payroll: Managing payroll reporting and working with our accountant to process payrolls including statutory year end returns and P60s
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced working environment
- 2+ years of experience in a Head of Operations or Operations Manager role at a startup or scaleup, ideally in one of the following categories: marketplace/ community/ future of work/ SaaS
- 2:1 degree or higher from a top-tier university
- A passion for helping professionals launch and sustain successful portfolio careers
The ideal candidate will also have the following personality traits:
- Ambitious – laser focus on outperforming targets
- Fast mover – capable of setting and driving ambitious agendas forward
- Multi-tasker – able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Analytical and numerate – able to derive deep insights from data
- Highly productive – obsessed with improving how things are run
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholders
What can we offer you?
The role will be full-time, with flexible working hours and remote working. Compensation will include a salary of £50k-£60k per annum depending on experience, as well as stock options.
Alongside your salary and a role with the room to evolve, we offer free lifetime access to the community we are building, and the opportunity to work alongside a world class team with decades of experience in startups and unicorn building.
Between us we have built billions of dollars in value at the startups we have been involved with to date, and this is an unprecedented opportunity to get an inside look at building the next big thing from the ground up.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your covering note and link to your LinkedIn profile. From there the process will include a screening survey, followed by case studies and interviews for those selected.