Simplifying skincare routines without compromising on efficacy or quality is arguably one of the most common challenges among busy men and women. This is why Formulae Prescott is born: a skincare brand that offers high-performance, luxurious and multi-purpose formulations using natural active ingredients. We try to simplify skincare routines without compromising on efficacy or quality. Innovation, Efficacy and Conservation are at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
We are seeking a fractional Chief of Staff to support the CEO and CSO (Founders) in running the operations of the company. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for managing the operations, logistics and supply chain of the company, as well as shaping the overall direction and execution of the business. Formulae Prescott wants to be a disruptor in the beauty industry: we would like to surround ourselves with smart innovative people. If successful, the candidate could grow to a COO position within 2-3 years.
- Map out key organisational priorities and actively manage them on a monthly/quarterly basis with contractors, employees and vendors.
- Establish a key MBO reporting process across the organisation and actively manage it with targeted contractors, employees, and strategic vendors.
- Manage monthly financial reporting/closing/budgeting process with accounting/finance contractors and employees for timeliness, accuracy, and intervention as necessary.
- Manage overall NPD process with deliveries and interactions across operations employees/contractors and the supply chain.
- Interact with warehouses for overall performance management, processing of exceptions, and troubleshooting processes.
- Interact with the Creative Director on the overall Marketing/Promotional Calendar and ensure operational support as needed. Also support the design and management of the Digital Media asset library.
- Manage channel partner onboarding process to ensure accurate and timing enablement of channel revenues.
- Establish, collect and maintain sales data across various channels including performance versus key metrics and provide guidance on necessary interventions to meet overall organisational revenue objectives and financial plans.
- Lead process for the organisational realisation of obtaining Certified B-Corp status in 2023.
- Lead any other Special Project as agreed with CEO/CSO in line with organisational needs and career interests/capabilities.
- 6+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years in management consulting, or similar fast-paced analytical roles
- Project management experience, including leading cross-functional projects in a manufacturing environment
- Experience at a rapidly growing start-up or scale-up
- Experience managing finances in a startup or equivalent
- 2:1 degree or higher in a STEM subject from a top-tier university
- Ability/desire to dive-in and learn about new industries quickly
- Direct experience in premium consumer brands and value propositions
- Innovator at heart
- Experience managing logistics & supply chains
- Strong desire to become an essential part of a rapidly growing company in a strong leadership role over time
- International business experience across European, North American, and Asian markets
- Experience in the beauty industry coupled with an understanding and appreciation of new trends, business models, opportunities, and challenges
- Previous Chief of Staff or Head of Operations experience
Timing & Remuneration
The role will be part-time, as a 50-75% FTE position. Compensation will include a fair market rate, depending on experience, along with an opportunity to earn equity compensation over time.
Please apply using the form below. We will be in touch if we need more information, potentially with some job-specific application questions.
Other fractional Chief of Staff opportunities
We are seeing increasing demand for fractional Chief of Staff opportunities. To learn more and to be kept updated, do check out our general Fractional Chief of Staff posting. We will keep you posted for further relevant opportunities.