About HypervoltHypervolt builds market-leading, smart, electric vehicle charging technology. We focus on combining beautiful design, exceptional customer experience and high-performance software & hardware engineering to provide a product that our customers love. We are a UK company and manufacture everything here too. We are the industry's highest-rated brand on Trustpilot, with a 4.9 star rating. Our mission is to be the backbone of the electricity grid, developing technologies that will empower the transition to a world of green energy and electric transportation, and leave behind a sustainable energy infrastructure for future generations. Our vision is to become the world’s leading energy infrastructure company through a combination of pioneering technology, exceptional product design and exceptional customer service, creating a complete paradigm shift in transportation & energy consumption globally. You can learn more about Hypervolt here:
The Role - Head of FinanceTo date, Hypervolt has sold and installed 50,000 chargers in homes across the UK and Australia. We own our manufacturing, with a complex supply chain, and we’re scaling rapidly. We’re looking for a high-performing Head of Finance who can ensure rigorous attention to detail in a complex business, with the potential to build the systems and processes to grow the business (and Finance function) over time. You’ll report into the founder/CEO, and - over time - will have responsibility for building a Finance team to deliver on the strategy. You’ll be supported by a fractional CFO, a seasoned finance veteran who will provide strategic guidance and mentorship.
- Finance Operations. Ensure the finance function is run professionally every day - including compliance (financial and tax), control, FP&A, operational finance, and treasury.
- FP&A. Own the budgeting and forecasting process, and support the leadership team with strategic decision making.
- Supply Chain. Refine systems, processes and checks for the supply chain to manage exchange rates, inventory, stock levels, margins. If appropriate, support with outsourcing.
- Reporting. Run month-end, quarter-end and year-end close and reporting process, with deep knowledge of all financial movements. Present these to management and board.
- Compliance. Ensure all stat, regulatory, tax, and grant filings are done per requisite timelines. Coordinate all future audits and due diligence initiatives. Work with our accounting partner to deliver these.
- Systems. Design future financial system architecture and implement end design.
- Team Leadership. Take the lead on hiring, training and growing the finance function. Take over leadership of an existing junior management accountant.
Experience & ProfileYou’re a seasoned finance leader, who is ready to take on the challenge of a hyper-growth business and its associated demands. You’ll know the numbers in great detail and can communicate these to the wider business along with relevant insights and strategic analysis. Your experience and profile will include the following:
- Highly Numerical. A STEM degree from a top university along with relevant experience in a highly numerate field.
- Attention to Detail. You’ll always notice if the numbers don’t balance or reconcile.
- Decision Support. You can use your financial analysis skills to support decision making and planning for the business.
- Supply Chain. Experience of manufacturing/inventory and supply chain management.
- Drive to Succeed. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing business at an exciting time and will need to roll your sleeves up and drive growth.
- High EQ. You can lead, inspire, and mentor direct and indirect reports, as well as dealing with senior stakeholders. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Further Qualification. MBA and/or accounting qualifications are a positive.
- Supply Chain Outsourcing. Direct experience in moving from internal to outsourced supply chains.
- Aptitude for Building. Demonstrable experience building processes and systems from scratch.
- Greentech.A proven passion for sustainability.
- Hybrid, with 3 days a week in our London office (currently Canary Wharf, but moving more central soon).
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Great Industry - UK market is going to grow 30x within the next 5 years, and we'll shortly be going global.
- Great Team - Join a dynamic and close-knit team at WeWork in Canary Wharf, East London.
- Time to Join - You'll be joining a fast-growing company at an early stage with ambitions to be a major global contender.
- Feels Good - You're selling a product that people love, need and want, that benefits a cleaner & greener world.