About HypervoltHypervolt builds market-leading, smart, electric vehicle charging technology. We focus on combining beautiful design, exceptional customer experience and high-performance software & hardware engineering to provide a product that our customers love. We are a UK company and manufacture everything here too. We are the industry's highest-rated brand on Trustpilot, with a 4.9 star rating. Our mission is to be the backbone of the electricity grid, developing technologies that will empower the transition to a world of green energy and electric transportation, and leave behind a sustainable energy infrastructure for future generations. Our vision is to become the world’s leading energy infrastructure company through a combination of pioneering technology, exceptional product design and exceptional customer service, creating a complete paradigm shift in transportation & energy consumption globally. You can learn more about Hypervolt here:
The Role - Head of MarketingTo date, Hypervolt has sold and installed 50,000 chargers in homes across the UK and Australia. Our growth has been driven by a great product, strong content, and word-of-mouth referrals. We'd now like to build on that momentum to take things to the next level. We’re looking for a high-performing Head of Marketing to design and deliver our go-to-market strategy. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of the marketing function and build the marketing department from ground zero. You’ll report directly to the founder/CEO, and will have responsibility for building a team (over time) to deliver on the strategy. You’ll be supported by a fractional CMO, a seasoned marketing veteran who will provide strategic guidance and mentorship.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning. Formulate and deliver a winning go-to-market strategy. Run experiments and then learn from these to continually iterate on strategy.
- Brand and Proposition. Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with customers and differentiates our products in the market.
- Sales Growth. Drive awareness and demand along with the tools and processes to turn these into sales. Run successful experiments to prove new channels and then scale to systematic, sustainable, growth year on year.
- Partnerships. Manage our existing relationships (such as with Autotrader) and develop new partnerships.
- Content & SEO. We’ve seen strong impact from video content (such as this). You’ll continue generating high quality content to drive sales.
- Leadership & Team. As you grow sales, build a world-leading marketing team to continue delivering through increasing levels of growth. Serve as a company spokesperson and go-to thought leader.
Experience & ProfileYou’re a marketing leader with proven experience defining and delivering comprehensive strategies in a B2C context. You can be a strategic leader but are also comfortable rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in. Your experience and profile will include the following:
- Academic Background. Bachelor's degree from a top university.
- Relevant Experience. 6+ years of diverse marketing experience. You’ll have created and executed B2C marketing plans encompassing strategy, customer research, competitor analysis, product collateral, content, messaging, pricing, etc.
- Drive to Succeed. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing business at an exciting time and will need to roll your sleeves up and drive growth.
- Go-to-Market. A deep understanding of go-to-market design and delivery including performance marketing, partnerships, and conversion optimisation
- High-end Brand Experience. You’ve learnt how to deliver impeccable brand communication and the highest level of experience to customers.
- High EQ. You can lead, inspire, and mentor peers, direct and indirect reports, as well as dealing with senior stakeholders. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cross-functional Experience. Strength in collaborating with cross-functional teams, including executive management, product management, operations, finance.
- Industry Experience. In auto or consumer electronics.
- Content Production. You can generate high-impact video content yourself.
- Greentech. A proven passion for sustainability.
- Hybrid, with 3 days a week in our London office (currently Canary Wharf, but moving more central soon).
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Great Industry - UK market is going to grow 30x within the next 5 years, and we'll shortly be going global.
- Great Team - Join a dynamic and close-knit team at WeWork in Canary Wharf, East London.
- Time to Join - You'll be joining a fast-growing company at an early stage with ambitions to be a major global contender.
- Feels Good - You're selling a product that people love, need and want, that benefits a cleaner & greener world.