StirlingX (part of GALLOS Technologies)
StirlingX, a new business unit being built within GALLOS Technologies, is creating a venture backed UAV (drone) company as a disrupter to the current UAV market in the UK and beyond.
StirlingX is seeking a technical consultant to lead research of the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) market, as part of product insight development, discovery, and market mapping. The StirlingX team wish to identify a minimum of four developed, qualified use cases as primary markets to target for UAV disruption. This consultant will collect, collate and map hardware and software capabilities of current industry players, along with the use cases they serve, as foundational knowledge for the StirlingX concept – understanding the marketplace, competitors, unmet needs, potential partners and more. This will help us define the most effective and compelling strategy and route to early delivery for our customers and investors.
Key roles and responsibilities
The following will be the deliverables of the technical consultant:
- Market research and technical report on current UAV providers – hardware, software and services – along with technical specifications, pricing, openness to partnership etc.
- Market sizing of UAV use cases, needs and potential strategic white space.
- Utilising the above data and insights, deliver a recommended product roadmap, with options tackling unmet needs, proposed use cases, build-vs-buy elements etc.
- A proposal for the best way to be able to configure hardware, software and services in the optimal combinations to meet the chosen use cases, with the right mix of build-vs-buy.
- Detailed explanations of the key technical, regulatory and legal considerations to build and operate managed UAV fleets in multiple countries, along with proposals for how to mitigate them.
- A proposal for an MVP that we can build and deploy with a pilot customer within the shortest possible timeframe.
Key skillsets and experience
The technical consultant will have the following skillsets and experience:
- A science, technology, engineering or maths academic background, with experience in/ passion for the UAV industry and the use cases that it addresses.
- A demonstrated combination of technical insights and fast learning regarding the technologies involved – including machine learning, AI, battery power/ range, navigation systems, wireless communications, building modular systems etc.
- Strong experience in product development and deployment, ideally with a mix of hardware, software and services.
- Connectivity and experience in one of the following sectors: defence and aerospace, construction and civil engineering, energy, logistics and supply chain.
- Strategy consulting and/ or MBA would be beneficial.
Timing & Compensation
This is estimated as a 2-3 month project, starting early January 2023. If your screening call goes well, you will be asked to better define the project and outline your fee structure.
The key client is Natasha Gedge, COO of Cobuilding @ GALLOS
Apply to [email protected] . In your application, please outline your suitability, a link to your LinkedIn profile and your availability Jan-Mar 2023.