CloudNC was founded by Theo Saville, CEO and Chris Emery, CTO & Chief Scientist in 2015 and consists of a world-class team combining expertise in computer science, software and physical manufacturing.
CloudNC’s mission is to make single-click manufacturing a reality. They build software that automates control of CNC machines – metal cutting robots that make >$1Trn of components every year, for anything from aircraft to iPhones to cars. Worldwide over 100 million hours are spent painstakingly programming these incredible machines by hand every year, a colossal waste of human time and talent in an industry already facing an existential skills crisis. CloudNC’s software, CAM Assist, brings one-click automation to CNC machining.
Backed by leading investors and partners, Atomico, Episode 1 Ventures, Autodesk and Lockheed Martin. They are scaling from Series B to C at pace with international expansion planned in the US and are fully funded for this growth.
The Role – Fractional CMO
CloudNC have now launched their headline software product CAM Assist. This product uses AI to significantly reduce time to machine and removes hours of manual operation. This product is completely unique in the market place and resonates very well within the industry once introduced,, but brand awareness remains low.
As a result, there is now a laser focus on widely increasing awareness and engagement of the software. The number one priority for this role is to have an immediate impact on revenue growth. In an industry where there is typically less curiosity in new product solutions, this role will set the strategic direction of marketing activities and lead the marketing team, optimising sign-ups and maximising conversion of the free trials into revenue. The fractional CMO will also be a key component of launch and expansion into the US, a key strategic priority.
- Marketing Strategy. Develop the future marketing strategy for CloudNC, including brand strategy, customer segmentation, buyer personas and channel plan, setting the direction of future marketing and sales activities.
- Value Proposition. Lead on articulating the value proposition into a strong brand narrative that resonates with adopters, highlighting the benefits of the CAM Assist vs traditional manual operations.
- Customer Success. Develop and build the customer journey for each persona acting as a champion for exceptional customer experience. Create a high conversion approach to move clients through the funnel, that leads to significant uplift in customer onboarding calls.
- Promotional Activity. Build out and enhance identified successful promotional activity including video content, organic social content, LinkedIn, partner co-marketing and PR. Additionally, determine new promotional opportunities /programmes such as influencer marketing and other organic social marketing.
- Pricing Strategy. Review and optimise pricing strategies, driving conversion from free trial and helping to minimise churn.
- Team Leadership. Mentor and support the development of the marketing team (currently 3 people) to ensure delivery against the determined strategy. Develop the team in line with key marketing initiatives.
- Product Ambassador. Become a true ambassador for CAM Assist and a new future of machining through regular interaction with customers and the product.
- Have built and led world-class marketing teams, leading and delivering rapid growth.
- Delivered the marketing mix in a similar B2B environment delivering programmes of trial to conversion, with a breakthrough product.
- Has shown an ability to build trusted brands status, ideally with a product or service that was/is highly disruptive within its industry.
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing/ deep tech environments.
- Intellectually curious and logical. A get stuck in mentality.
- Extensive experience of the UK and US market.
- Brought a new product to market in a risk averse industry
- A leading role in thought leadership positions – acting as an ambassador for industry/sector change
- A natural at cross-functional collaboration.
- Creative and forward thinker who is used to disrupting the status quo.
- 6+ Years of B2B enterprise marketing experience
- Successful track record as a fractional CMO
This is estimated to require two days per week, though that might trend up as the company gains momentum. More early
Needs to be either based in the US or well-versed and able to frequently travel there.
Remuneration will depend on your experience, but is likely to be £800-£1,400 per day. If this becomes a long-term commitment, stock options and bonuses are also possible on top of this.
If interested and suitable, please apply below.
Also ensure that your TPC profile is complete, as – if suitable – we will share your profile link with the client.
If you are new to The Portfolio Collective, you can email [email protected] to discuss this role.