CTO / Co-Founder @ Greentrade.tech
We are a climate tech startup building a blockchain based B2B marketplace around Co2 Trading & Investment: Our curated platform offers access to a variety of Co2 backed Tokens and investment opportunities in projects and their underlying assets.
By turning carbon credits into an open, transparent and liquid asset, we create access to an estimated addressable market of US $50b by 2030.
About the opportunity
This is a leadership role in a purpose company that is tackling a multi-billion dollar market. We are looking for our first CTO who will play an integral role in the company’s growth path and future. In this position, the person will oversee our overall technology development and manage all information technology resources of our company. If you are an ambitious, focused, go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this is the perfect role for you!.
Tasks / Where your expertise is needed
- Responsible for the technological success of the organization
- Build tech strategy and roadmap: Responsible for Greentrades’ technology roadmap and operations
- Define and own the system architecture and technology strategy for the token marketplace and investment solutions
- Design highly scalable processes, systems and services that work at millions of tons of CO2 sequestered
- Compliance and Security: Accountable for reliability and the safety of our technology and systems
- Strategic decision making: Be part of a purposeful entrepreneurship experience with high decision power across strategic topics
Requirements / What we are looking for
- An academic degree, e.g. in business administration, technology, engineering or a comparable qualification
- Relevant professional experience of at least 3 years in building technology solutions, ideally in a leadership position and marketplace related
- Experience with Ethereum Blockchain / Decentralized Finance (DeFi).
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS, WebSockets, JSON-RPC
- Advanced knowledge of Database design / AWS (EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, RDS) & GCP services
- Intense drive for innovation and agility around development
- Business oriented mindset and positive attitude, with the ability to work on multiple projects which will include effective prioritisation and timely completion
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Strategic thinking and hands-on knowledge of latest technologies
Work can be done remotely. This is currently a part-time role (20+ hours per week), flexible around your schedule. This shall evolve into a full-time role once funding is secured. Being able to work European hours (part of the time) is ideal.
Benefits / What we offer
- Fast-growing climate tech startup with a great network of investors and partners
- Be part of the founding team with instant opportunity to drive impact
- entrepreneurial incentive package – Equity options to join as a Co-founder
- We are a purpose-driven team with the Ability to contribute directly to the reduction of Greenhouse gas emissions
- An inspiring diverse working environment, flexible work time, positive leadership, and great team spirit.
- We’re currently offering compensation in the form of equity. Once funding is secured, we are planning a combination of equity and salary.
Current Team includes:
- Katrin Klingenberg – Content & Sustainability Evangelist:
Katrin has 15+ years of experience in the environmental sector running both her own business and consulting corporates on environmental topics.
- lf Hackbarth – Product:
After bootstrapping his first B2B delivery business, Ulf started working on and investing into projects that solve society’s most pressing problems with the help of technology. With a strong product and operations background, Ulf uses his “Bob the builder” mentality to create MVPs for fast product/market fit assessment.
- Frederick Leuschner – Partnerships & Sales:
A strategic leader of international technology, software, fintech and media organizations. Proven ability to start businesses from scratch, build multinational organisations in growth industries and create high performing teams that deliver results.