Mayku is on a mission to make manufacturing local, simple, and accessible to all. Our ecosystem of machines, materials, and software enables businesses to start a production line in minutes, at a fraction of the cost of outsourcing, and with no minimum order quantities.
View our flagship product video: Meet the Mayku Multiplier.
Reporting to the CEO, and being an integral member of the Leadership team, the newly created position of Head of Finance is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to be responsible for the end-to-end finance function in a high-growth technology scaleup. The ideal candidate for this role is a qualified accountant and an experienced Financial Controller looking to take the next step in their career and undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
As part of the Mayku team, you’ll have the freedom and support to work in a way that suits your style and be part of a small hardworking team who offers a unique product suite and company culture that’s unlike anything else on the market.
- Support the CEO in driving strategy, planning, and overall financial performance
- Support on investor/board reporting as required
- Provide day-to-day operation and commercial advice and insight
- Full responsibility for managing the end-to-end operational finance function; including internal and external reporting, accounts payable and receivable, finance systems, compliance, and tax
- Managing a small finance team – overseeing their work to ensure accuracy and assisting with their development
- Managing external relationships with advisors and service providers
- Producing monthly management accounts including balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow, and consolidation
- Managing tax including R&D submissions, VAT returns, and CT returns
- Business partnering with other teams across the business, attending regular meetings and having an input on strategy
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ad hoc analysis and compliance tasks as required
- Support on funding events and help with the modelling of this and the due diligence needs that will arise
Skills and experience
- Ability to influence and provide strategic leadership
- Qualified member of an accounting body, specifically ACCA or ACA, CA
- Experience in the preparation of statutory accounts and non-complex tax returns
- Hardware or physical product background preferred (either on the manufacturer or distributor side)
- Strong understanding of long and complex working capital and cash flow cycles (from placing an order with a supplier, subject to MOQs, to collecting cash from a customer)
- Thorough understanding of a wide range of technology and accounting tools (e.g. Xero, Google Suite, Notion, and Coda).
Remuneration: £70K – £90K, competitive bonus, and equity.
What’s on offer
- An opportunity to work with a world-leading tech start-up in the desktop manufacturing space
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Private healthcare with 24/7 GP helpline and counseling
- Generous parental leave allowances
- A happy and transparent culture where we take our work/life balance very seriously
- Regular cultural team days, off-sites, and socials
- A creative design studio (with a roof terrace) in the heart of Bermondsey/London Bridge
- This is a hybrid remote role so you may be required to have 1-3 days in the office a week
To apply, please email a CV and brief cover letter to [email protected]