We are looking for a Marketing Manager to provide our COO and Co-Founder, Fiona Chorlton-Voong, support in defining and implementing The Portfolio Collective’s marketing strategy.
The Portfolio Collective is a rapidly growing start-up helping professionals launch and sustain successful portfolio careers. We do this by offering insights, learning, support, collaboration and work opportunities to ‘Portfolio Professionals’ globally.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious marketing leader to take on significant responsibility in a fast-paced start-up environment, backed by the knowledge and support of a highly experienced leadership team. You will lead the Marketing team (of 4 people) and report to Fiona.
Who are we?
The Portfolio Collective (TPC) was set up by Ben Legg (former COO of Google Europe) in July of 2020 with our COO Fiona Chorlton-Voong and CTO Jesus Iniesta. We could see that in the near future half of all professionals globally will be portfolio professionals, and need support in launching and sustaining successful portfolio careers. You can learn more in our recent Future of Careers article.
We are now a team of 14 (and growing!) who are passionate about shaping the future of work. In our first year we have scaled rapidly, with key achievements including:
- Attracted over 75,000 unique visitors to our website
- Conducted 200+ events attended by over 3,500 participants
- Built a professional networking platform with over 2,000 high-calibre members
- Strategy: Working closely with Fiona to define and continually iterate our marketing strategy & roadmap.
- Prioritisation: Turning ideas for growth into concrete strategic initiatives and leading a quarterly prioritisation exercise to identify high-priority initiatives.
- Implementation: Setting and driving forward initiative timelines and KPIs that are ambitious but achievable.
- Dashboards and updates: Ensuring that the leadership team is kept in the loop with regards to marketing activities and progress.
- Growth: Driving traffic flow to website and platform through SEO, outbound marketing, partnerships and social campaigns; and converting it throughout their lifecycle.
- Events: Overseeing the execution of integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns for each event.
- Content: Managing content marketing and social media strategy.
- Budgets: Controlling budgets including expenditures and profit-loss projections.
- Collaboration: Ensuring that the marketing team is working seamlessly together by identifying and clearing potential roadblocks.
We are looking for someone with:
You should have 5+ years of marketing experience in a fast-paced working environment (e.g. start-up, creative agency, or similar) and a passion for helping professionals launch and sustain successful portfolio careers.
The ideal candidate will have the following personality traits:
- Ambitious – laser focus on outperforming targets
- Creative – a passion for marketing and marketing strategy
- Fast mover – capable of setting and driving ambitious agendas forward
- Multi-tasker – able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Analytical and numerate – able to derive deep insights from data
- Highly productive – obsessed with improving how things are run
- High EQ – strong communicator able to manage multiple stakeholders
What can we offer you?
The role will be full-time, with flexible working hours and remote working. Compensation will include a salary of £45k-£50k per annum depending on experience, as well as stock options.
Alongside your salary and a role with the room to evolve, we offer free lifetime access to the community we are building, and the opportunity to work alongside a world class team with decades of experience in startups and unicorn building.
Between us we have built billions of dollars in value at the startups we have been involved with to date, and this is an unprecedented opportunity to get an inside look at building the next big thing from the ground up.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your covering note and link to your LinkedIn profile. From there the process will include a screening survey, followed by case studies and interviews for those selected.