CloudNC is a Series B-stage autonomous manufacturing scale-up looking for a Chief Financial Officer to drive the strategy and implementation of the finance agenda forward. Reporting to the Chief Executive, as the CFO you will be responsible for all things related to finance, strategically as well as operationally.
There is a Finance team of three in place now. This team will need to be restructured and grown after the next fundraise. The candidate needs to be within easy reach of London.
About the company
More than £100B worth of components are produced using CNC Machines every year, but today the process is slow, costly and heavily reliant on inefficient human processes. We are developing technology that fully automates CNC manufacturing, hugely reducing the cost of parts while boosting quality and speed of delivery.
We’ve assembled a team of 80 and raised £30M to date from world-leading investors including Atomico, the US and UK governments, and industry titan angel investors.
Combining technology and manufacturing; we’re building the world’s most intelligent manufacturing software.
A short video introducing CloudNC and our mission is available here.
- Strategy. Contribute to company strategy with ideas, evaluations, analyses, risk assessment etc. Support senior team & board discussions with data and insights.
- Organisation & Team. Define the role of Finance and the team required to deliver, then assemble and lead a world class team.
- Processes & Systems. Ensure smooth operational processes and good financial governance, including:
– Establish and develop formal finance processes
– Implement and integrate finance software as needed
– Put in place rigorous but flexible budgeting processes
– Select & manage third parties that perform outsourced company functions
– Conduct regular risk analyses
– Forecast and manage cashflow
- Analytics & Insights. Design & deliver a suite of world class dashboards to enable all functions to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Tax & Treasury. Manage all international tax & treasury activities professionally.
Who you are
- Strategic – capable of shaping strategy and grasping complex problems quickly
- Communicator – can communicate complex financial insights clearly to all audiences
- High EQ – strong empathy able to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Mission Driven – want to achieve something great
- Ambitious – capable of driving ambitious agendas forward
- Resilient – can cope with setbacks and pivots calmly and efficiently
- Doer – not afraid to get stuck in to support your team when required
- Collaborative – able to collaborate effectively with peers and other stakeholders
- Pragmatic – proactive and flexible attitude in support of evolving business landscape and changing plans
- 15 years diverse finance experience
- 5+ years in a deep tech/ software company
- 5+ years at VP Finance level or above, ideally within a fast growth (Series B or C) company
- Have built/ rebuilt a world class finance function
- International/ global scaling experience
- Fundraising/ complex financing at Series B and above
- Hands-on experience of acquisitions, mergers and complex partnerships
- Demonstrable understanding of early stage innovation, product and engineering lifecycles and agile product development environments
- MBA/ Strategy Consulting
- Investor experience (e.g. venture capital/ private equity)