Eave is an award-winning technology company changing hearing conservation in heavy industry through smart protective equipment. Driving Eave is the mission to eliminate the isolation and loneliness caused by preventable hearing loss, the most common occupational disease in many countries. To achieve this we develop game changing products that enable our customers to protect their workforce operating in hazardous environments.
A bit about the role
We’re looking for a Finance Director to help us spearhead our way into our next funding round and beyond. It’s an exciting time to join Eave as we really focus on growth and scale, looking at new business models, new regions and in driving efficiency through tech. You’ll be responsible for reporting to the board and our investors and in our external relationships with PwC and also our work through the Innovate UK grant. Working closely with our CEO, you’ll be responsible for the whole finance cycle including board reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial modelling and cash management.
Key role responsibilities
- Own the whole financial cycle at Eave
- Identify strategic opportunities and build workable, efficient plans to deliver
- Constantly improve financial and other business processes
- Effective and accurate forecasting
- Use financial modelling and data analysis for opportunity scenario evaluation and to provide recommendations
- Maintain and evolve the budget and P&L
- Act as a strong business partner, providing commercial and operational decision making plus cost control
- Prepare and submit statutory accounts
- Work with lawyers on all legal matters concerning company ownership and fundraising
- Act as an experienced mentor for junior management
A bit about you
We’re a small(ish) start up so we’re looking for someone who has great adaptability and flexibility. You have an ability to understand and shape strategy, while also rolling your sleeves up to get into the details and make things happen.
Other personal criteria are likely to include:
- 5+ years of diverse finance experience at Head of Finance level or above
- Qualified accountant (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience working financial models in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment – a start up would be great but other industries that have gone through change would be relevant
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry
- Confident in your own views as informed through your experience – firm but diplomatic
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly analytical and quantitative skill set
- Prepared to get involved at all levels.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive or prescriptive: if you feel you have the skills and experience to make a success of this role, and are a fast learner, then please do get in touch!
Just one more thing
We’re based in Old Street, London in a WeWork building so can benefit hugely from their dog friendly offices, access to Gymbox and onsite wellbeing initiatives, free breakfast and beer and prosecco taps. Of course, you are welcome to share your time between our offices and home. We hold regular company socials and all our permanent employees are invited to participate in our EMI Options scheme: we want you to feel like you’re a valuable part of our success. We’ve also recently hired a new Head of People and Culture who has been tasked with implementing a new benefits package for our team so all good things to come!