In excess of £150B worth of components are produced using CNC machines every year. However, the industry is slow, costly and heavily reliant on human input. The industry is growing rapidly, but so are the increased demands on a vanishing workforce (c.50% will retire within the next decade).
At CloudNC we’re developing deep technology that automates CNC manufacturing. We already have a factory running commercially to produce intricate and high-specification work for our clients, allowing us to tie in our software to a tangible, physical output. We recently raised a Series B round to accelerate our progress.
We believe in a future where manufacturing is not only highly efficient, but also exceptionally accessible; a future where making physical products is no more complex than building a website today.
CloudNC exists to deliver this mission, creating a sustainable industrial revolution that unleashes the next wave of human innovation.
To date, our route to market has been focused on selling manufacturing services to OEMs, i.e. we make their complex metal parts at our own factory. We intend to keep this running separately to this initiative.
The objective of this project is to design and build a new commercial team to sell our software to manufacturing companies, helping them to reduce their dependence on humans. This helps those manufacturers dramatically reduce costs, in addition to achieving much faster prototyping and production times.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic go-to-market consultant to help us define, develop and implement a B2B SaaS go-to-market strategy for CloudNC.
This is an autonomous role reporting into the CEO, while also collaborating with other members of the CloudNC executive team. It can either be a sole applicant or a small team e.g. Expert & analyst.
The role is a hybrid one with expectations that you will be in our London office 1-2 days per week on average, with the odd visit to our state of the art factory in Chelmsford (35 minutes from Liverpool Street).
The following will be the deliverables of this project:
- Market research and analysis to identify market trends, competition, and customer needs
- Customer segmentation and value proposition
- Branding, messaging, and channel strategy
- Pricing strategy
- Sales processes and customer acquisition strategies
- Proposed team org structure, along with high level job descriptions and estimated cost of each person
- Financial forecasts including both revenue and costs
- Workshops with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in and alignment
- Proposal for CRM systems, marketing automation platforms, and analytics tools to drive results
- Handover to the nominated executive within CloudNC
You may have additional suggestions that we have missed.
Key experience and skills
- Must have:
- Experience of working in a scale-up environment and comfort with the pace and culture which comes with that
- At least 5 years of experience as a senior B2B SaaS leader
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage stakeholders
- Familiarity with CRM systems, marketing automation platforms, and analytics tools
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- High EQ
- Able to meet in London at least once per week
- Nice to have:
- Experience selling software to manufacturers
- Strategy consulting experience or MBA
Timing & Compensation
This is estimated as a 4-8 week project, starting early March 2023.
If your screening call goes well, you will be asked to better define how you would tackle the project and outline your fee structure.
Equal opportunities statement:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission – disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity and continually improve our inclusivity efforts.