Goodsted is a social impact network that diversifies the volunteering experience by providing access to opportunities to share time and skills across all social and environmental causes. While it's an open platform for all individuals, it's also a solution for businesses to effectively engage stakeholders and measure the collective impact.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Operations to oversee daily activities across functions such as client success, software development, and community management.
Head of Operations responsibilities include client onboarding and activation, managing the product design and development processes, and ensuring we build a strong community. While doing this, being able to support business development, partnerships and growth when needed will be a bonus. Overall, you’ll ensure our operations run smoothly and that people are productive, while also taking a lead on key functions for day to day activities until we are able to grow the team.You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a knowledge of SaaS, marketplace and social network business models. If you’re also passionate about social and environmental impact, and have previous experience working in the impact space, we’d love to meet you.
What you'll do
- Ensure operations are running smoothly
- Decide on quarterly OKRs together with the CEO
- Ensure Asana is organised / kept up to date and the team is clear on priorities for the week
- Participate in weekly catch-ups and support with any blockers
- Suggest optimisation on processes when needed
- Ensure clients and community are satisfied and happy
- Share onboarding materials with the new client to help guide them through the process
- Schedule / attend weekly or bi-weekly 30min catch-up calls with the client to support them
- Create tasks for product backlog for any specific tasks product team needs to complete for successful onboarding and activation
- Organise onboarding sessions with clients and initial group of users to kick-off their engagement
- Help keep ‘help centre articles’ up to date to support users
- Keep an eye on the public platform to ensure all users are satisfied and liaise/collab. with community manager and growth lead to manage these relationships
- Come up with business development and partnership opportunities to improve our business overall in order to help retain clients and increase our chances of securing new ones
- Monitor product development processes and ensure deadlines are met
- Decide on product roadmap with the CEO and ensure its kept up to date
- Work with UX/UI designer to ensure the tasks on the roadmap are ready for development
- Help write task requirements to prepare for development if it’s missing
- Prepare for and participate in sprint planning meetings to brief the development team
- Help prioritise the sprint and monitor sprint progress through the 2 weeks
- Be the voice of the customer for the sprint, and if there is anything urgent for customers, communicate this to amend the sprint priorities
Who you are
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Goodsted as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You feel confident representing yourself and your work, and you’re eager to get involved with some public speaking opportunities.
- You are very diligent, and attention to detail is something that comes very naturally to you.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
What you should have
- You have 2+ years experience in a client facing role in tech
- Experience with working in startups
- Proven ability to liaise confidently with clients at all levels
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Experience with managing product teams
- You are a self-starter and a quick learner who is happy to go out of your job description when needed
- Problem solving aptitude and analytical mind
What would be nice for you to have
- Experience with a company with SaaS business model
- Good with numbers and financial planning
Timing & remuneration
This role will start on a freelance basis 3 days a week for 3 months. If both sides are happy at the end of this 3 month period, once we raise our seed funding there is a potential for becoming a part of the core team as COO (& receive share options).
To apply, please email Selin ([email protected]) with a CV and cover letter.